Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- A Two Z Child Care Center
- Provide university affiliated daytime care for children ages 2-6 years. Emphasis is on emotional, creative, intellectual and social development of the children. There is the minimum possible cost to parents.
- AARP of Johnson County
- Organized in 1974 in Johnson County. Provide monthly educational meetings, tax aid for elderly and handicapped, widowed persons support. 55 Alive Drivers' training; and promotion of legislation for the elderly.
- Access 2 Independence of the Eastern Iowa Corridor
- Access 2 Independence has been working for over 30 years to increase the self-determination and integration of people with disabilities throughout the Eastern Iowa Corridor. Our Independent Living Specialists are trusted and dependable sources for guidance and referrals who will work with you to achieve your goals, and increase your independence. We help any person with a disability regardless of race, gender, class, religion, or sexual orientation, and our services are always absolutely free of charge.
- Aerohawks, Iowa City
- We are a club of approximately 80 members offering free flight instruction for club members provided they are a member of the AMA, (Academy of Model Aeronautics). Various video cassettes have been purchased by club members on the subject of radio control aero-modeling and donated to the library. During appropriate weather, members fly radio controlled model aircraft at the Aerohawk Flying Field, located adjacent to the Iowa City Solid Waste Disposal Site. The Aerohawks perform a free airshow every year on the Sunday after July 4 at the Aerohawk RC Flying Field. Call for exact date. Visitors are welcome at the field.
Consult our web site for a full range of current activities.
- AFSCME Local #12
- Organized over 60 years. Principal activities include negotiating contracts and representing employees for job protection and improving their working conditions.
- AFSCME, Local 183
- Funding decided by vote of membership on case basis. Principal activities include insuring workers rights, worker advocacy, and political action. Bargaining unit for the city of Iowa City, Johnson County SEATS, ambulance, MH/DD, and Coralville Transit and Public Works.
- Agricultural Association, Johnson County
- Organized 1948. Affiliated with Iowa Association of County Fairs. Activities includes an annual 4-H and FFA County Fair. Provides facilities for a variety of civic purposes. Vehicle storage rental over winter months at the Johnson County Fairgrounds.
- Agudas Achim-Sisterhood
- Principal activity is service in the Jewish community. Potential activities: 1. Monthly Lunch Out 2. Cooking club 3. Cook Book revision 4.Warm Up America 5. Book Club 6. Volunteer Opportunities. Affiliated with Women's League for Conservative Judaism and Women f Reform Judaism. Organized in the 1950's.
- AIDS Resources and Education, Iowa Center for
- The Iowa Center for AIDS Resources and Education (ICARE) is a program of MECCA, which provides prevention, education and counseling services. ICARE offers comprehensive practical, emotional and financial support to persons living with HIV/AIDS and concerned others, in a safe, accepting and non-judgmental environment. Visit WWW.icareiowa.org or call 319-338-2135 to learn more.
- Organized in 1951. Affiliated with national AA. For family and friends of alcoholics, information, and support. Provides answering service.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
- Alpha Chi Omega Alumni Club
- Principal activities include the support of the active chapter on the U. of Iowa campus.Johnson County 'Nest' program and an annual fundraiser to support the Domestic Violence Intervention Program.
- Alpha Xi Delta Alumnae
- Organized 1922 and rechartered in 2002 after a brief
hiatus. Principal activities include social events, educational
sessions, and philanthropic activities to help members meet old friends, make new ones, and renew ties with Alpha Xi Delta
- Altrusa International Club of Iowa City, Dist. 7
- Altrusa Club of Iowa City provides community services, develops leadership, fosters international understanding and encourages fellowship by an international network of executives and professionals in diversified career classifications. This group supports the Johanna Beers Higher Education Scholarship, the Iowa City Public Library Foundation and gives grants to community. Altrusa increases community awareness through their annual Pie Contest, Make A Difference Day, and other projects.
- Alumni Association, City High
- Newsletters to all alumni of City High. To promote communication among alumni, faculty and students and support for City High. Programs to aid faculty.
- Alumni Association, University of Iowa
- Provides programs, services and communications to alumni and friends of the University of Iowa to promote and advance the institution. The IOWA ALUMNI MAGAZINE is the official magazine publication and is sent to all members of the Alumni Association. Full board meets Fall-Thursday and Friday of Homecoming Week, Spring-First Friday and Saturday in June.
- Amana Heritage Society
- Preservation of historical artifacts. Research of Amana's historical, cultural and religious heritage. Operation of Amana Heritage Museum, Communal Kitchen and Coopershop Museum, Communal Agriculture Museum, Amana Community Church, The Homestead Store Museum, and the High Amana General Store. The Amana Heritage Museum also has a bookstore with titles on Amana history, religious and communal history, Iowa history and German heritage. A library and archives in the Amana Heritage Museum is available by appointment for research on Amana and related topics, and genealogical research.
- American Legion Post #17
- Support active duty troops and their family members while on active duty. Support Veteran recognition programs and benefits due them. Provide flags and patriotism and Americanism books for local schools. Organized 1935. Hold regular Charity Fundraisers for any 501c3 Organization in the form of Texas Hold'em Poker Tournaments. have Texas Holdem every Tuesday & Thursday & Karaoke every Friday. The women's auxiliary meets every 3rd Monday of the month at 1:00pm. Call for more information.
- American Legion, Walter Johnson Post 721
- Activities include helping all veterans and their families and fighting for the rights of all veterans. Funding for veterans in need, Boys and Girls State and many more. Services include parades, putting flags out at cemetaries and honor guard for any military funeral, high school football and sports events. State Oratorical contest for students 9th through 12th grade.
- American Legion-Oxford, Frank Vercherka Post 537
- Organized in 1919. Includes Women's Auxiliary and Sons of the American Legion. Support of veterans, active military and their families, and the local community. Military honors for funerals. Memorial Day parade and services at six cemeteries, 4th of July parade and free luncheon. Children and youth activities, programs and scholarships.
- Amnesty International USA, U. of Iowa
- We write letters to heads of state, military entities etc. about human rights violations that have been reported. Hold informational meetings, show videos, have guest speakers on human rights to call attention in the community to these issues. Work to end torture, the death penalty, disappearances and to free political prisoners and prisoners of conscience.
- Amputeee Support Group
- Support group for person's with limb loss and their families. Meets monthly with speakers on topics of interest to amputees.
- Antique Auto Club of America, Iowa Valley Region
- The club is for any one interested in the history and preservation of the automobile. You need not own an antique auto to be a member. We are a region of the Antique Automobile Club of America.
Possible contact for providing vehicles for special occasions (displays, etc.). Please call for definite location as summer months picnics and pot lucks are held at members homes.
- Apartment Association, Greater Iowa City Area
- Educational and informational organization.
- Arc of Southeast Iowa
- The Arc of Southeast Iowa serves children and adults with disabilities and their families providing services such as: Individual and Group Respite Care; Supported Community Living; Supported Employment; Consumer Directed Attendant Care; Intermittent Medical Monitoring and Treatment; advocacy and information and referral. The Arc of Southeast Iowa offers the following programs: Parent Connection, a support group for parents with children birth to five with a disability; Hispanic Family Fellowship for parents who have a child with a disability (bi-lingual services provided); Sibship, a support group for brothers and sisters who have a sibling with a disability; Children at Home, a program that offers families direct monetary support to aid them in expenses related to having a child with a disability living in their home; Two Summer Camps for children: The Little Tykes Summer Camp, a collaboration between Iowa City Parks and Recreation and The Arc of Southeast Iowa which offers children ages 5-11 with disabilities involvement in recreational activities with their peers during the summer months and the Adolescent/Teen Camp, a collaboration between the Iowa City Community School District and the Arc of Southeast Iowa serving children ages 11-18. The Arc of Southeast Iowa has been serving Iowa City/Johnson County and the surrounding area since 1957.
- Arthritis/Fibromyalgia Support Group and Self-Help
- Affiliated with the Arthritis Foundation of Eastern Iowa. Provide support, guest speakers. Open to anyone with arthritis, fibromyalgia, gout, lupus, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic pain diseases and their family.
- Asperger/PDD Family Group, Iowa City
- Meet for lunch to share experiences and advice re: children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, including Asperger's Syndrome, PDD. Occasionally have special meetings/events on weekends that include whole families.
- Astronomy Club, Iowa City
- Athens History Circle
- Founded 1897. Nature of group is books and literary subjects. They give money for the Kate Wickham Scholarship Fund and donate books each year to the Iowa City and Coralville libraries.
- Athletic Booster Club, Iowa City
- Our purpose for the organization is to help Iowa City Junior High and High School Athletics. All of the money raised goes back to the High School and Junior High Athletics Departments.
- Athletic Club, University
- Private club for members only.
- Athletics, Public School
- Affiliated with IHSADA and NIAAA. Arranges 1800 athletic events per year for boys and girls from grades 7 through 12.
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or email@example.com.