Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- Dairy Herd Improvement Assoc., Johnson County
- Purpose is to keep records for dairy farmers thus helping them in managing their dairy herd.
- Daughters of the Am. Revolution, N. Fellows Chapt.
- The Iowa Society DAR was organized in 1891. Current membership exceeds 2300 women We are a volunteer service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America's future through better education for children. Join us and help strengthen America for future generations
- Daughters of the American Colonists P. Alden Chapt
- Organized 1946. The object of this Society shall be
Patriotic, Historical, and Educational; to make research as to the
history and deeds of the American Colonist and to record and publish
same; to commemorate deeds of colonial interests; to inculcate and
foster love of America its Flag--the emblem of its power and civic
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Pilgrim Ch.
- Chartered in 1898 with the objectives: Historic Preservation; Promotion of Education; and Patriotic Endeavor. We have essay and art contests for K-12 students and national scholarships for college students. We honor Army and Air Force ROTC members. We award medals for outstanding people in the areas of Historic Preservation, History Teachers, Conservation, Americanism, Community Service and Service to Veteran Patients. Meeting topics vary, but include honoring POW/MIA veterans, honoring veterans on Veterans' Day, lineage workshops, visits to historic places and a luncheon to honor our award recipients. For membership, must prove lineage to an American patriot who fought in the American Revolution. Yearly dues $40.
- Democratic Party, Johnson County
- Support of Democratic candidates, registration, education. Provides speakers and information on issues. Business phone: 337-VOTE.
- Dental Assistants Association, Iowa City
- Educational meetings and placement service for dental assistants race. Formerly called Striders. Organized 1865. $15.00 for ADAA members and 45.00 for non-members, beginning fall of 2008.
- Dental Society, Johnson County
- Purpose concerns maintenance of oral health for the community and continuing education for area dentists.
- Dental Spouses, Johnson County
- Activities include social events designed to help keep the various dentists and wives of the town and university in contact with one another. Raise money for dental scholarships, free dental clinic, and speakers for three of our four meetings this year. All dental spouses welcome. Programs are variable.
- Diabetes Education Support Group, Mercy
- Organized 1997.
ALL MEETINGS ARE NOW HELD AT THE MERCY MEDICAL PLAZA BUILDING. (across the street from the hospital)
540 E. Jefferson Street. LOWER LEVEL IN THE SCANLON ROOM.
You can also list the website MercyIC.org. go to patient and visitors information, and under support groups
it will give next meeting ,speaker and topic
- Disabilities, Persons with, Coalition for
- Meet with city officials, protest discrimination toward persons with disabilities. Make life more accessible to all.
- Disc Golf League, Iowa City
- Disc golf course maintenance
at Turkey Creek and Sugar Bottom Recreation Areas as well as at the
Peninsula Park. Some weekly rounds of disc golf as members are available.
- Dog Obedience Club, Iowa City
- Activities include training and showing obedience dogs, agility dogs, and tracking dogs and education.. Demonstrations to the public include hospitals, nursing homes, schools, or civic group meetings. Home obedience for beginners and puppy training classes, also advanced training for competition obedience, agility and tracking. For AKC registered dogs and mixed breeds.
- Dog Park Action Committee, Johnson County
- Organized 11/02. Works and advocates for the creation and maintenance of off-leash recreation areas in Johnson County.
- Doll Club, Old Capitol
- Organized 1979. Affiliated with United Federated Doll Club. Provide speakers on dolls and related topics.
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- The Domestic Violence Intervention Program provides a 24 hour crisis line and shelter house for women and their children who are
experiencing family violence, as well as counseling, referrals and community education on domestic violence. Offers support groups for battered and formerly battered women. Call 351-1043 for support group
- Downtown Association - see Downtown Disctrict, Iow
- The Downtown Association disbanded in January 2012 and became the Iowa City Downtown District
- Downtown District, Iowa City
- To provide leadership and undertake programs to promote and sustain downtown as a unique and economically viable business, entertainment, social and cultural center
- Dreamwell Theatre Company
- Dreamwell Theatre is an award-winning non-profit volunteer theatre company dedicated to creating challenging, innovative and
inclusive theatrical experiences. With each production, we reaffirm our identity as a “theatre of exploration.”
- Ducks Unlimited
- Affiliated with Iowa and national Ducks Unlimited. Provide funding for wetland wildlife conservation in DU's designated priority locations. Provide information and films. Annual membership banquet to provide funds for waterfowl conservation held in November
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.