Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- Eagles 695, Fraternal Order of
- Organized 1904. Associated with Grand Aerie F.O.E.
- Eagles Ladies Auxiliary #695
- Organized over 50 years. Principal activities are assisting men's group and service projects. People helping people.
- Early Keyboard Society, Iowa City
- Organized in June, 1985 for the purpose of fostering interest in the harpsichord, clavichord, and fortepiano families of musical instruments, and the rich heritage represented in the music written for them. In cooperation with the UI school of Music,sponsors a concert series featuring these important historical instruments, as well as workshops and master classes. The concerts are free and open to the public. Member meetings feature performances, discussions, and programs of interest to members. The newsletter contains a calendar of early music events in the area, as well as articles and reviews. New members are welcome. The ICEKS sponsors a series of free concerts each year of music of the Renaissance to classical period, played on harpsichord and fortepiano
- Eastern Star, Order of, Jessamine Chapter
- The Order of the Eastern Star is the largest fraternal organization in the world to which both men and women belong. Masonic relationship is a membership requirement. Membership provides an opportunity to help others through volunteer service in the community. The Order is dedicated to faith, hope, and charity, love and promotion of good will to humankind.
- Ecumenical Women's Bible Study
- Education Association, Iowa City
- Activities include representing the interests of students,
educators and public education in the community. Executive board meets
first Tuesday of the month. Representative meetings monthly during the
school year. Meetings are held Sept.-May. June, July and August, meeting
vary. Cedar Rapids phone; 800-398-6305 or 319 366-3544.
- Eels, Iowa City Swim Club
- Established in 1969 the Iowa City Eelsis a USA swimming & US Masters Swimming affiliated club team. Offers participants instruction in all aspects of competitive swimming with a well-trained and experienced staff. Call or email for practice times or more details.
- Elder Services, Inc
- Organized in 1980. Provides home delivered meals, congregate meals, in-home services, respite, small housing repair, information and assistance with services, and coordination of inter-agency services thru case management in Johnson County. Also coordinates Retired and Senior Volunteer Program in Johnson, Iowa, Muscatine, and Des Moines counties. Provides coordination of services for older adults in
Johnson, Iowa, and Cedar counties who are at-risk of being abused or neglected.
- Elderly Consortium, Johnson County
- Share info about community services and programs for the elderly. Educate the community about the health and social needs of the elderly. Increase awareness of the availability of community services for the elderly. Create a non-solicitous forum in which professionals in the elder/aging services industry can network and foster professional growth.
Call for monthly newsletter
- Elks Lodge #590, Iowa City
- Organized 108 years. Major projects include scholarships, summer camp for youth, Veteran's Hospital, Hospice of Johnson County. Have a 9-hole golf course and swimming pool for members.
- Emergency Housing Project--see Shelter House
- Emma Goldman Clinic
- Has a Speaker's Bureau: presentations on a variety of health subjects related to sexual and reproductive health, politics, and feminism. Clinic provides wide range of contraceptive, preventative health care, and pregnancy-related services, including physical exams, as well as first and second trimester abortion services. Provides funds to some social causes. The clinic also offers services that include massage therapy, and services for males, such as sports and employment physicals, routine exams, education and advocacy. Over the counter reproductive health care supplies available on site.
- Englert Civic Theatre, Inc.
- The historic Englert Theater has been restored and now serves as a live performance venue. Consult website for performance schedule and other information.
- English Country Dancers of Iowa City
- 3rd Saturday of every month, 7:00 pm. English Country Dance to live period music. No partner necessary. Beginners welcome. All dances taught and called. We do the same dances that are in the Jane Austen movies.
- Environmental Advocates, Inc.
- Organized in 1987 to develop a community recycling program in Iowa City/Johnson County. Since then EA has been involved in a variety of issues related to environmental quality as identified by local residents. Recent topics have included use of locally produced foods, preservation of wetlands, "green" energy, alternative transportation, providing candidate forums to make sure environmental issues are addressed and support of the Iowa City Bike Library and the Iowa River Friends program. The public is welcome at all meetings. A small grants program, under $500, is active. See details at www.environmental-advocates.org/grants.html
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Epilepsy Support Group. To provide education and support to adults, families and caregivers affected by epilepsy.
- Evert Connor Center--See Access 2 Independence
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or email@example.com.