Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- Galway Hills Neighborhood Association
- Garden Club, Four Seasons
- The Four Seasons Garden Club encourages interest in all phases of home gardening and horticulture; flowers, fruits, vegetables, trees and shrubs. We acquaint ourselves with areas of landscape and floral design. We apply our knowledge in a practical manner. We harvest and preserve natural materials every year, so that we can make wreaths, table arrangements, and wall hangings for our annual sale. With the proceeds from our sale, we contribute to many community projects. Membership is limited to 30 due to meeting space limitations
- Gardeners, Master
- Affiliated with Master Gardeners of North America. Purpose is to bring scientific,noncommercial information to anyone interested in gardening or plants, and to contribute service gardening projects, present programs on plants,gardening, and other areas of horticulture ; create and maintain gardens for institutions such as nursing homes; sponsor workshops for children,etc.; maintain telephone reference service. Training is offered once a year for those wishing to become Master Gardeners. Volunteer service is required.
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender& Allied Union
- Principal activities include general meetings weekly, informal socials, and special events, an outreach and support group for those having problems in any area in which sexual orientation is an issue; speakers bureau provides speakers on the topic of sexual orientation to civic, church, educational, etc. groups. GLBTAU offers help in meeting and answering any concerns that relate to lgbt issues. Committed to establishing a GLBTQ Community Center by 2007. The nations oldest continually functioning university LGBT organization in the nation, organized 1970.
- Genealogical Society, Iowa City
- Principal projects have included printing a list of persons buried in Johnson County and Iowa City cemeteries; keeping records of births, marriages and deaths in Johnson County; mapping of early property owners in Johnson County. Principl aim is to encourage genealogical work and the preservation of genealogical records. Teaching beginning genealogy at Kirkwood College ocassionally. Working on World War II project, preparing for filming articles about all aspects of WWII in the state of Iowa 1941-52. German Interest Group
meets every other month at the Iowa City Public Library, check the website
for details regarding the next meeting
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
- Girl Scouting builds girls of Courage, Confidence and
Character who make the world a better place. Troop and individual
activities for girls to promote leadership, relating to others,
developing values, community service, and developing self-potential.
- Gloria Dei Lutheran Church Women
- Activities include study, service to church, community and world fellowship.
- Goodtimers Club
- A social, recreational club for adults with special needs. Meets four times per year for a variety of activities.
- Goodwill Industries of the Heartland
- Incorporated Nov. 1965. Associated with Goodwill Industries International. The Purpose of Goodwill Industries is to advance the social and economic well-being of people who experience barriers to independence. To achieve this purpose, Goodwill provides a
variety of training, employment, job placement and support services.Goodwill of the Heartland territory encompasses 16 counties in southeastern Iowa and 3 western Illinois counties.
- Goosetown Neighborhood Assoc.
- Grant Wood Neighborhood Association
- Greater Iowa City Area Student Scholarships
- GICA Student Scholarships (formerly Dollars for Scholars) is a local, volunteer-run, community-based scholarship foundation based in Iowa City, Iowa. The chapter began awarding scholarships to high school graduates in 2005. Since that time the chapter has awarded over $100,000 to area students. Graduates of Iowa City's four high schools: Iowa City City High, Iowa City West High and the Senior High Alternative Center (Elizabeth Tate) currently have very limited local scholarship opportunities, with the majority of those scholarships going to the highest academically ranked students. GICA Student Scholarships encourages all students to continue their education and will make the transition from high school a little easier by providing aid that would allow students to work less while in school.
- Green Castle Aeroclub, Ltd.
- Organized 1994. Social group interested in flight. Funds annual scholarship for young person to get privat pilot's license.
- Green Party, Johnson County
- promoting environmental awareness, social justice, community-based economics and non-violence through direct action and electoral politics.
- Grief Support Services, Iowa City Hospice
- Iowa City Hospice sponsors support groups, educational programs, and social events for anyone in the community who has experienced a loss whether or not the loved one was an Iowa City Hospice patient. Iowa City Hospice is the area's not-for-profit provider and
there is no charge for services.
- Grotto, Iowa
- Affiliated with the National Speleological Society, activities include the study and preservation of Iowa caves.
- Gymnastics, Hawkeye
- We offer recreational and competitive gymnastics. The recreational gymnastics includes preschool (2 1/2--4 1/2 years old), beginners, intermediates, advanced and pre-teen level, and adult and college club gymnastics. The team travels all over the US competing at various state, regional and national level competitions. Our goal is to safely enhance the development of every child through the sport of gymnastics. We do provide gymnastic exhibitions. In addition, we offer cheerleading from the pee-wee division on up.
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.