Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- Habitat for Humanity, Iowa Valley
- Habitat for Humanity, a nonprofit Christian housing ministry, works in partnership with people of modest income to build houses. Houses are sold at no profit and with a no-interest mortgage repaid over a15-25 year period. The house payments are recycled to build more houses. Has a ReStore, a Goodwill-like store where donated building materials are sold to the public. The ReStore is at 2401 Scott Blvd
- Hancher Guild
- Group provides volunteer assistance to Hancher. For example, staffing the Showcase gift shop, entertaining performers, providing information to potential audiences. Organized in 1980.
- Heart Assoc., Johnson Co., Midwest Affil.
- Activities include risk factor awareness programs,
promotion of CPR classes, heart health education in schools, and fund
raising for heart research. Contact name and phone number for the
speakers bureau is 515-244-3278
- Heritage Trust, Johnson County
- Supports identification and protection of valuable natural areas in Johnson County. Office located at 320 Kirkwood Avenue, Suite #2, Iowa City.
- Hikers, Hawkeye
- Organized 1998. Activities are walking for pleasure and exercise as a means of seeing places of interest. Affiliated with American Volkssporting Assn. Sponsors walks.
- Hiking Club, Iowa City
- Principle Activity is Hiking, other activities may arise at a later time.
- Hillcrest Family Services
- Provide support, assistance, and skills teaching to persons with a mental illness. In Iowa City since 1976.
- Hills Town & Country
- Has been organized for 20 years. Interested in farming and youth. Presents Outstanding Citizenship award. Sponsors most of the activities for the Hills July 4th celebration. Has provided funding for Hills' preschool, Atrium Village, and Fire Dept., scholarships, First Responders.
- Historical Society, Johnson County
- Organized in 1973 to preserve historical materials and to further interest in Johnson Couty history. The society operates the 1876 Coralville School in Coralville, manages and interprets Plum Grove Historic home and Johnson County's first asylum; and performs many public services in historic preservation and history education. The Society opened its new Johnson County Historical Society Museum at 860 Quarry Road, Coralville, Iowa in
- Home Builders Association of Iowa City
- Non-Profit promoting residential contractors and associated businesses. Activities include monthly meetings, improving the quality of housing, the Parade of Homes, the IC Home and Builder Show and Remodelers Parade. Parade of Homes and Remodelers Parade are in June.
- Home Builders, Women's Council of
- Offers scholarship to students in the Iowa City Community School District. Must be a woman affliated with the Home Builders Association.
- Home Educators Fellowship, Christian
- Activities: 1. To provide support to parents who choose or who are interested in the home instruction of their children. This support is provided through the following means: (a) prayer, (b) sharing and exchange of information and materials, (c) sharing practical advice and concerns, and (d) small group accountability. 2. To provide a vehicle for the socialization of children who are receiving home instruction. 3. To provide a basis for political action, both in terms of dissemination of information and in steps of action to take. Facebook group is CHEF, Christian Home Educator's Fellowship
- Homeless Coordinating Board, Local
- Meetings are open to the public, persons interested in issues
surrounding low-income, housing and homelessness are welcome to attend.
Agencies share information on current policy and services. This is a great opportunity for collaboration.
Coordinates event for the national hunger and homeless awareness week in
- Hoover Library Association, Inc.
- Nonprofit support group for the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library Museum and Hoover National Historic Site in West Branch. Fax # 319-643-2391. Call for membership info, or visit website.
- HOPE Cancer Support Group
- Monthly support group for those living with cancer. Goals are to help persons with both newly diagnosed and chronic cancer to live in a good way, to increase families' knowledge and understanding of cancer, and to assist in coping with the physical and emotional challenges.
- Hope House
- Halfway house of Department of Correctional Services, Sixth Judicial District. Provides court-ordered rehabilitation in a residential setting offering reintegration into community. Adult male correctional facility.
- Horseshoe Club, Iowa City
- Purpose of group is to pitch horseshoes within an organized group for fun, recreation and good fellowship. Meet at City Park May-August to pitch horseshoes. Tournaments in June and September. See horseshoepitching.com and click on IOWA.
- Hospice, Inc., Iowa City
- Iowa City Hospice sponsors support groups, educational programs, and social events for anyone in the community who has experienced a loss whether or not the loved one was an Iowa City Hospice patient. Iowa City Hospice is the area's not-for-profit provider and there is no charge for services.
- Hosta Society, Harshbarger
- A not-for-profit educational society open to all those interested in growing, developing and enjoying hostas. Dues $10/yr.
- Housing Fellowship
- The fellowship is a non- profit corporation for providing affordable rental and
- Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County
- To promote and support affordable housing in Johnson County.
- Humane Society, Johnson County
- Although our group is licensed by the State of Iowa as an animal shelter, we do not operate an animal sheltering facility.
Instead, we recruit foster caregivers who take companion animals into their private homes until permanent homes are found. In addition, we provide resources, referrals, and help with adoption/re-homing, feral cats, spay/neuter, animal behavior, lost/found animals, abuse/cruelty/neglect concerns, living with wildlife, pet loss,
cruelty-free living, animal advocacy and legislation, and care of companion animals. We provide some spay/neuter financial support for individuals who qualify. We also help support several managed feral cat
- Hunting Retriever Association, Eastern Iowa
- Organized in 1985. Conducts field tests for the retriever breeds of hunting dogs. Affiliated with the AKC & NAHRA
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.