Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- I-Club, Johnson County
- Support group for University of Iowa athletics. Hosts an annual fundraiser
each year in August with 100% of the proceeds going to UI Athletics.
- Working to preserve the character and beauty of rural Johnson Coounty through citizen involvement in county policy and decision-making regarding rural development, road construction and other detriments of urban sprawl.
- Provides social and emotional support to individuals living with the bladder disease interstitial cystitis (IC), their families, friends and those who may have IC. The group provides valuable info and speakers, and plans event pertaining to IC awareness.
- Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Purpose is education and promotion of the insurance and financial investments industry. Provides information, has an ethical activities committee.
- International Students, Friends of
- Friends of International Students (FIS) is a non-profit community organization of people in the Iowa City area who are interested in providing friendship and support to international students and scholars attending the University of Iowa. While FIS is affiliated with the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) at the University of Iowa, the organization is run by volunteers who are dedicated to encouraging international understanding. Friends are matched with UI international students and are encouraged to meet at least once a month for hospitality and friendship.
- International Visitors to Iowa City, Council for
- Group plans visits for international visitors sponsored by U.S. State Department; meets with, escorts and hosts visitors. Volunteer support is vital. We provide community members with the opportunity to meet with official visitors from around the world, host them for dinner, meet with them professionally, or escort them to/from events.
- International Women's Club
- English classes, cooking group, coffee group, craft group, field trips, plus several general meetings, including a November welcome dinner for new members. Organized about 1955 as International Wives Club. Helps women from around the world feel at home in Iowa City. And helps women from Iowa City feel at home around the world.
- Iowa Citizen Action Network
- ICAN is an alliance of organizations and individuals working together to raise living standards for low income families and to improve the quality of life for all Iowans. ICAN exists to amplify the political power of individual citizens and progressive organizations in order to make economic, environmental, social and political decisionmaking reflect the public interest, instead of the interests of the rich and powerful.
- Iowa City Area Development Group, Inc.
- The Iowa City Area Development Group serves the business development needs of primary sector companies in our service territory. The nonprofit economic development organization collaborates and partners to provide core services and communicates this progress to investors, citizens and the communities we serve. Our core services include business attraction, retention and expansion for primary sector companies, targeted industries and technology-based businesses; and worker recruitment and workforce business services.
- Iowa City Public Library Friends Foundation
- Meets in Conference Room at Public Library. Organization seeks private gifts to support ICPL. Operates the Book End, used book store at 123 S. Linn St, Second Floor.
- Iowa City Secular Homeschool Group
- Iowa CityJunior Service League
- The Iowa City Junior Service League is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism and improving the community. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The group focuses on serving primarily women and children.
Blog at http://icjuniorserviceleague.blogspot.com/
- Iowa Shares
- Iowa Shares began in 1993 and is a statewide coalition of social action, environmental, cultural and animal welfare nonprofit organizations raising funds through workplace giving. Iowa Shares members give direct services and create progressive, long-lasting resources for our children and communities.
- Iowa Tech Chicks
- Iowa Tech Chicks is a community organization that strives to connect and educate women working in and interested in learning technology.
- Iowa Tenants' Project
- The Iowa City Tenants' Project is committed to tenants' rights and to fair play for both tenants and landlords. The Tenants' Project seeks to educate tenants and landlords about their legal rights and responsibilities and to empower tenants to vindicate their rights in court. Currently good tenants suffer from bad landlords and good landlords suffer from bad tenants. We want to see both landlords and tenants follow the law and get a fair shake!
- Iowa United Nations Association
- Iowans for Peace
- Coalition of 24 Eastern Iowa groups formed September, 2001. Activities include letter writing, calling Congress, vigils, rallies, sponsoring Peace Teams in other countries. Provide speakers, information, and assistance with peace-rleated events.
- Irish, County Johnson
- Members participate in float building for Irish parades.Sponsors an open golf tournament in the Fall. Also Irish Fun Night before St. Patricks Day. Informs members about other Irish
activities,such as Celtic Days in Milwaukee (Aug.); Irish on the River-Dubuque(Sept.); Celtic Dancing Music Rock Island (Sept.); Project Children Fest(Feb.). Donate profits to 12-15 local charities every year.
- Izaak Walton League, Johnson County
- Main activities include building of woodduck nesting boxes; hunter safety education; supply trees for windbreaks and wildlife cover; roadside clean-up; save our streams activities; building of nesting boxes for all types of birds; youth education about the environment. We recently constructed an archery range and are constructing a nature trail.
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or email@example.com.