Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- La Leche Leaders of Iowa City
- Breastfeeding support group. We also discuss parenting and childbirth. La Leche League has a lending library.
- Labor Council, AFL-CIO, Hawkeye
- Meeting at 1211 Wiley Blvd. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
- Labor, AFL-CIO, Iowa City Federation
- Monthly meeting of delegates from the approximately 20 unions in Johnson County which are affiliated with the AFL-CIO. Activities include annual Labor Day picnic.
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County
- Organized in 1920. Meets September-May. Holds meetings on governmental issues, public forums with state legislators, candidate forums, voter registration.
- Learning Disabilities Assn. of Johnson County, IA
- Organized in 1975. Affiliated with Learning Disabilities Association. Provides education, support, and advocacy of those with learning disabilities and parents and teachers working with them.
- Learning Foundation, Iowa City
- Provides opportunities for learning how to be more effective in life. Specifically skills in communication, managing moods, building relationships, listening, making choices, navigating through breakdowns and becoming a better observer of yourself and others.
- Legal Aid, Iowa
- Iowa Legal Aid is a nonprofit organization that provides critical legal assistance to low-income Iowans. Typical cases involve problems with basic necessities, fundamental rights or safety, including protecting victims of domestic violence, preventing illegal evictions and unsafe housing, securing income support such as SSI, Medicaid and disability benefits, and preventing consumer fraud and abusive debt collection practices. For some special projects, financial eligibility may be different, such as the Foreclosure Defense Project and the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic. Iowa Legal Aid accepts phone intakes from 9:00-11:00 Monday through Friday, and 1:30-3:30 except for Thursday afternoon.
Callers are prompted for English or Spanish.
- Legal Services, Student
- Providing free advice and low cost legal representation to registered University of Iowa students.
- Leukemia, Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma Support Gr
- Affiliated with Leukemia Society. Open to patients, family and friends, offering a chance to discuss how people cope with leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myelomas.
- Lions Club, Iowa City Host (Noon)
- Major fundraisers are golf tournament in July, Santa pancake breakfast first Saturday in December. Activities include Iowa KidSight free screening for area pre-school children, collecting cleaning, sorting used eyeglasses for 3rd world countries, money for Free Medical Clinic eyeglasses; Iowa Lions Eye Bank cornea transportation and other locan and Iowa Lions Foundation projects.
- Lions Club, North Liberty
- Fund-raising for and service projects including: a Santa breakfast at the North Liberty Community Center, Iowa KidSight vision screenings, eye glasses collection/cleaning/sorting, hearing aid collection/facilitation, cornea tissue transports for the Iowa Lions Eye Bank, Camp Herkto Hollow Sponsor, Camp Courageous Sponsor, Iowa Lions Foundation Sponsor, and various other community service projects as they arise.
- Local Food Alliance, Johnson County
- JCLFA is a passionate community of farmers, chefs, grocery stores,
restaurants, food distributors and people like you who are all committed to
making local, healthy and fresh food more widely available where we live. Through our Buy Fresh Buy Local Campaign, we make it easier to find and purchase food from farmers, local grocers and restaurants who commit to market cooperation, professionalism, caring for the earth, good animal husbandry and caring for community. We build a healthy community by hosting
Field to Family, an annual local foods festival. To grow healthy eaters we
coordinate the Iowa City Community School District's Farm to School program.
- Local Foods Connection
- Organized 1999. Local Foods Connection purchases vegetables, meats and other products from local farmers and donates these goods to needy families in the community.
- Lois Club
- Longfellow Neighborhood Association
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.