Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Of Iowa
- We grant the wishes of children with life
threatening-medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. Locally we have volunteers who help with the wish granting process and who raise funds to promote our mission.
- Education and support for Hispanic women with a child with special needs or a disability. Support group is run in Spanish. Community speakers are invited every other meeting. Parents as teachers curriculum is used. This group is supported by Johnson County Empowerment.
- Manville East Neighborhood Association
- Masonic Lodge #4, AF & AM
- Operating under charter from Grand Lodge of Iowa A.F. & A.M., constituted 1844 under Iowa jurisdiction. A fraternal organization for men, helping men be better men, eighteen years of age or more age requirement and resident of Iowa at least six months. Membership information available at our website.
- Masonic Lodge, Clarksville, #668
- Helps support Masonic Homes in Perry and Bettendorf. Gives scholarships to area high school students each spring.
- Masonic Temple Association
- Operates and maintains the Masonic Building.
- Masons. Canopy Lodge 290
- Building the character of our members, not to make them better than others, but better than themselves. To be a service to our communities and schools.
- Mayor's Youth Empowerment Program
- Mecca Services
- MECCA SERVICES is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and treatment of substance use conditions, mental health concerns, problem gambling and the enhancement of behavioral health. A full range of substance abuse services are offered, including prevention, early intervention, assessment, detoxification, treatment and continuing care. MECCA SERVICES' facilities are located in Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Polk and Washington counties. For more information about MECCA, please visit www.meccaservices.com or call 319-351-4357.
- Mediation Services of Eastern Iowa
- Information:INFORMATION: Mediation Services (MSEI) is a local grass-roots non-profit organization that administers the Johnson County Small Claims Mediation Program and the Sixth Judicial District Family Mediation Program. MSEI provides continuing education and training on mediation and is involved in other mediation-related projects. Mediation is an opportunity for people to talk: to be heard and to listen to the other person, so they can gain a better understanding of each other and the situation, and perhaps be able to work out a solution acceptable to those involved. The Johnson County Small Claims Court Mediation Program provides mediation services to anyone summoned to small claims court in Johnson County. Agreements reached by people in mediation are accepted by the magistrates. Small claims mediators meet first Thurs. of the month, 12-1, at the Johnson County courthouse. The Sixth Judicial District Family Mediation Program can answer general questions about divorce and custody mediation, including how to prepare and advice on finding qualified roster mediators. The Program also maintains statistics and provides continuing education for mediators, attorneys and other professionals and community members. If you have questions about using mediation in other cases or situations, please call MSEI.
- Medical Society, Johnson County
- Organized about 70 years. Principal activities; Education, partial sponsorship of American Student Medical Assn, educational projects regarding medical care throughout the county. Provides financial support for community based medical projects.
- Melrose Neighborhood Assoc.
- Mental Illness of J.C., National Alliance on
- Provides support, self-help, and education for families/friends of persons with a mental illness, and to persons themselves that have a mental illness. The organization advocates for improved community services. Meetings are open to families and friends of persons with serious mental illness as well as consumers. Has an information and referral telephone service at 337-5400
- Mercy Hospital Foundation
- Supports Mercy Hospital Iowa City with funding for facilities, medical
equipment, scholarships for Mercy staff and high school students
entering health care, patient comfort items, art, education programs and
- Mercy Hospital Guild
- The Guild provides leadership for most of the services provided through for Mercy Volunteer Program and raises funds for the hospital through the Gift Shop, vending service, guest lodging and other activities. Chartered by State of Iowa December 30, 1977.
- Mercy Hospital Medical Staff
- Mercy Hospital Nurses Alumnae
- Funds nursing education at Mercy through Mercy Foundation. Formed over 35 years ago.
- Mercy On Call
- Free, confidential health information telephone line answered by experienced registered nurses. Services available include (but are not limited to): health info, nurse triage, physician referral, program registration and pricing information.
- Metro Mix Chorus
- Activities include musical education, performing 4-part women's barbershop and competition in the spring. Quartets, ensembles or the entire chorus can perform. Our membership includes women from all parts of Eastern Iowa. We are available to perform throughout this area. Fees negotiable.
- Military Affairs Association, Johnson County
- Our purpose is to increase public awareness and understanding of the need for national defense preparedness through recognition of the accomplishments and contribution of local veterans, National Guard and reserve units, Reserve Officers Training Corps and acitve military members.
Meetings are held at the National Guard Readiness Center
- Miller Orchard Neighborhood Assoc.
- Mindbridge Foundation
- Mindbridge is a not-for-profit organization organized to provide a resource group for fandom of science fiction, fantasy and related areas. We are located in the Iowa City area and devote most of our attention to Eastern Iowa, but we will help out whenever and wherever we can.
Our goal is to provide resources to people interested in Science Fiction and related areas. Here are the sorts of things we can provide now:
* central communication for fans
* local Science Fiction/Fantasy and Gaming conventions
* volunteer support for SF/F related events
* convention registration and accounting services
* author signings (as available)
And what we hope to provide in the near future:
* member discounts at local stores and theaters
* book fairs
* web hosting
Our group is diverse in its interests and can provide information on many of the following:
* Science Fiction and Fantasy novels, movies, and TV shows
* British SF TV
* Gaming (role playing, board, card, video)
* Computer stuff
* Convention running
Here is a list of the conventions run by Mindbridge.
* Gamicon: February 23-25, 2007
* AnimeIowa: August 4-6, 2006
* ICON: October 13-15, 2006
- Mindbridge Foundation, Inc.
- Mindbridge is a not-for-profit organization organized to provide a resource group for fandom of science fictio, fantasy and related areas.
- Miracles in Motion Therapeutic Equestrian Center
- Therapeutic and recreational horseback riding for children and adults with disabilities. Always need volunteers who are experienced with horses or who like to work with children. Also need volunteers interested in publicity.
- Miss Johnson County Scholarship Program
- Official preliminary in the Miss America organization. Hold a competition once a year to select a local title holder. Constestants must meet MAO requirements to compete, and have a community service platform or area of interest.
- Model Railroad Club, Hawkeye
- Formed spring, 2006. Club is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to educate members and the general public about railroading and model railroading. Club is building an HO scale model railroad in a 2000 square foot space, visible to public from the Antique Car Museum of Iowa. The model has a midwestern theme, is designed for operation, and uses digital command control. Group tours available on request.
- Moose, Loyal Order of
- Donates lodge facilities. Activities include dinners, dances, and wedding dances, meeting room. Mailing address; PO Box 26 Iowa City, Ia 52244. We also raise funds to help children from lost and broken homes. Meetings are members only.
- Moose, Women of the
- Support children's home in Illinois and older folk's home in Florida. Home parties for Systems Unlimited. Fund projects that help children, handicapped, underprivelieged or aged.
- Morningside/Glendale Neighborhood Association
- Mortar Board Alumni
- Meetings: 3rd Tuesday of the month Mortar Board Alumni meet at 6 pm in members' homes for a potluck dinner in Sept, Oct, Nov, Jan, April and May.
- Mother to Mother
- Organized1997. Orients volunteers to be "Support Mom." Support Mothers form teams with women referred to Mother To Mother to provide support and friendship. Group activities are provided for all women. Free childcare during Mother to Mother activities.
- Mothers of Preschoolers, North Liberty
- MOPS - Mothers of Preschoolers -a program designed for moms of all ages and backgrounds with children ages birth through kindergarten. MOPS offers: * A haven for soothing frazzled nerves and forming lifelong friendships. * Quality childrenšs programs (child care
provided for morning MOPS group) * Teaching by experienced mothers *Discussion groups in an encouraging and accepting atmosphere * An
opportunity to complete a creative project
- Move To Amend, Johnson County
- Educate and advocate for a Constitutional amendment that wipeouts abolish corporate personhood,
- Music Auxiliary, Inc., Iowa City
- Organized since 1934; helps with fundraising through membership dues, donations, car wash, etc. Meetings held at ICCSD offices (Board Room), 509 S Dubuque. Supports performing music program for entire school district.
- Music Study Club, Iowa City
- PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES:PRESENTING MUSICAL PROGRAMS, SUPPORT TO SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND OPERA OF THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA, MUSICIAN SCHOLARSHIP TO A UNIVERSITY OF IOWA STUDENT AND AN AWARD TO A JOHNSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
Meeting Dates: 2012 October 10, November 14, January 16, 2013, February 13, March 13, April 10.
- Music Teachers National Association
- Hold auditions, festivals and workshops for music teachers and students of member teachers. Provides competitive and non-competitive opportunities as well as ongoing musical development for the area students. National organization provides a magazine American Music Teacher; state organization publishes the Iowa Music Teacher-available to members.
- Musicians Protective Association, Local 450
- Organized since 1937. Affiliated with American Federation of Musicians. Provides protection and support of the local professional musicians, and members perform concerts for residents in hospitals and nursing and retirement homes and educational music programs in the school system, preferably with co-sponsorship funding. Four meetings a year
proposed at the November meeting and confirmed at each meeting. From time to time, special meetings are scheduled.
- Musick's Feast
- Iowa City's resident professional early music ensemble presents performances with proceeds donated to hunger relief. For concert descriptions, dates, and ticket prices, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-430-4165.
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or email@example.com.