Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- P. E. O. Chapter NA
- Chapter organized 1976. Meets in members' homes. Educational programs for members. Sponsor young women in higher education.
- P.E.O., Chapter OD
- 1st Wed.; member Information: PEO is an educational philanthropic organization interested in bringing women increased opportunities for higher education. Provides loans and scholarships for women.
- P.E.O., Philanthropic Educational Organization, Ch
- Sponsor women who meet specific guidelines for scholarship or loans.
- Paddock Neighborhood Association
- Parent Support Group
- For families with children with special needs. Supported by Prevent Child Abuse Iowa.
- Parents Districtwide Organization
- Organized in fall of 1978. Provides opportunities to share ideas on school matters/functions and children's education in Iowa City School District. Holds biannual 'Candidate Forum' before school board board elections in the fall. Holds annual spring recognition reception to celebrate excellence in education, and to award Kate Wickham scholarships each year to graduating high school seniors pursuing an education in teaching.
- Peace Corps
- Since 1961, Peace Corps Volunteers have served in 139 countries providing assistance and sharing skills. Volunteers speak the local language and live as a member of the community so their presence strengthens the bonds of friendships and understanding between Americans and people of other countries.
- Pen Women, Iowa City Branch, Natl. League of Amer.
- Organized 1964. Programs related to writing, art, or music. Scholarships given to high school students.
Our Iowa City Branch of American PEN Women provide challenging, provocative and thoughtful programs nearly every month of the year, many of them in public venues such as Libraries which are open to the public. Our public programs and always free!
- Peninsula Area Neighborhood Association
- Penny Bryn Neighborhood Association
- People for People
- Grassroots service projects for local and international charitable purposes, e.g. annual plant sale, garage sale, UI Diversity Days, Indian food and culture presentations, and craft sale
- Pepperwood Neighborhood Association
- Our association represents over 250 homes on the southeast side of Iowa City. We primarily help our residents understand city policy rules and regulations, and do projects to improve our neighborhood.
- Pessimists, Benevolent & Loyal Order of
- Organized in 1975. Associated with Pessimists International. Hold annual convention, award 'Pessimist of Year' trophy. Encourage realistic thinking.
- Pharmacy Association, Johnson County
- Monthly meetings to provide educational opportunities
for pharmacist, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students
- Physicians for Social Responsibility, Iowa Chapter
- The Iowa Chapter PSR, active since 2002, is part of the of the national organization and network of chapters of Physicians for Social Responsibility, whose primary mission is education and advocacy regarding the gravest threats to human health. National policies regarding nuclear, energy, security, environmental health, global warming, and toxic air and water emissions are principal focus areas. 2008 saw our efforts focus on stopping the proposed coal fired power plants. In 2009 Iowa PSR worked successfully on blocking plans for new coal plants in Iowa. In 2010 the chapter issued a 50-page report entitled Iowa Coal Health and worked hard on the new START treaty for reducing nuclear weapons. In 2011 the chapter worked to close the oldest, dirtiest coal plants in Iowa, continued work to educate the public on the rising threat of nuclear weaponry. We continue to work toward eventual ratification of the CTBT nuclear weapons test band treaty, and focus on opposition to proposed Iowa legislation to build a new nuclear power plant financed, in advance, by rate-payers via a novel mechanism designed to bypass the consumer protections of the Iowa Utilities Board. Iowa PSR members continue to support efforts to advance Alternative Clean Energy Sources and De-carbonize and De-nuclearize Iowa while working on halting nuclear proliferation and eliminating nuclear weapons from planet Earth.
- Pilot Club of Iowa City
- Organized 1962. Associated with Pilot Club
International. Activities include service projects chiefly aimed at
those with brain disorders, youth and elderly or for the purpose of
preventing handicaps. Provides funds to the Public Library for book
tapes and large print books.
- Pilot Club, Noon, of Johnson County
- Affiliated with Pilot International. Activities include fundraising, brain injury awareness and social service. We offer scholarships for individuals studying in the area of brain disorders and grants to organizations who work with individuals
dealing with brain injuries, traumas, or illnesses. Those interested must seek information from president before April of each year
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Iowa
- Confidential reproductive health care including annual checkups, Pap tests, birth control, testing and treatment of all sexually transmitted infections, Hepatitis B vaccine, pregnancy testing, midlife services, abortion services, sexuality education and nonsurgical abortion. Call for clinic hours, HIV testing, HPV vaccine.
- Post Card Club, Iowa City Area
- Promotes post card collecting by example, sharing favorites, and making available post cards to buy/sell/trade monthly.
- Preemie Project
- The Preemie Project seeks to provide comfort and support to critically ill infants and their families in Newborn Intensive Care Units in Iowa. We achieve our mission through the support of a devoted group of local and national volunteers.
- Pride Committee, Iowa City
- Organizing the June GLBT Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Pride events for the Iowa City community. We are an open group and welcome members from the community to help and volunteer with our events.
- Prime Timers Club, Coralville
- Activities include programs and activities planned for the seniors of Coralville and other area Senior Citizens.
- Professors, American Assoc. of Univ., UI Chapter
- Organized at UI for over 50 years. Promotes the welfare of faculty at the Univ. of Iowa and of college and university faculty generally, particularly with respect to academic freedom & faculty participation in university governance.
- Project GREEN
- Organized since 1968. Citizens' beautification group that funds landscaping projects on public lands. Provides GREEN Grants to public schools for landscaping projects. Always interested in welcoming new volunteers.
- Proteus, Inc.
- Proteus provides assistance to seasonal and migrant farmworkers. We offer job training, education, medical assistance and more at no cost to those who qualify.
Organized in Iowa since 1979.
- Public Access Television
- Cable channel 18 in Iowa City and Coralville. Public Access Television is the non-profit organization formed to manage the day to day activities of the public access cable channel here in Iowa City. Principal activities include: Training
in video production techniques and media literacy, checkout of
production equipment, promotion of community programs, local
awareness and group/organization publicity. Organized in 1989.
Monthly workshops are listed online.
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or email@example.com.