Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- Radio Club, Amateur, Iowa City
- Emergency preparedness, emergency communications, hobby. Website at icarc.org. Founded in 1934, the Iowa City Amateur Radio Club serves as a focal point for Amateur Radio activities in Iowa City, Coralville, and Johnson County and provides radio communications assistance to Johnson County Emergency Management when requested.
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program
- 24 hour rape crisis lines (Local: 335-6000 or the statewide Iowa Sexual Abuse Hotline: 800-228-1625), individual counseling, support groups, and advocacy is available to survivors of sexual abuse and their significant others (parents, partners and friends). We provide community education on issues related to sexual abuse, sexual harassment. stalking, victim impact, bystander training, and training to professionals.
- Re-Store--See Habitat for Humanity
- Reach for the Stars Aktion Club
- Chartered July, 2008. Sponsored by Old Capitol Kiwanis is a service organization. Members are adults with disabilities. Will do service projects
Emails can be directed to Diana.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kimberly.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. TJ and John are with the Kiwanis and the first 2 emails are with Aktion Club.
- Realtors, Iowa City Area Association
- Professional membership association established in Iowa City in 1908. ICAAR is a member of the Iowa Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Rebekah Lodge, Carnation #376
- Care for children and elderly, visit the sick, donate to Hospice locally and the Odd Fellow Home in Mason City, Ia. Also donate to the Oddfellow Educational Fund, Arthritis Fund and The Visual Research Foundation at Johns Hopkins University.
- Red Cross, American
- Organized since 1917. Teach health & safety courses; provide emergency
services to disaster victims; provide emergency communications &
financial aid to military personnel & families; collect blood; support
water safety program, provide HIV/AIDS education, materials and speaker
training. Also provide disaster preparedness.
- Red Foxes Chapter of Red Hat Society
- A social group for people who aren't working and enjoy getting together. Go for lunch and have fun. Take bus trips sometimes. Play bingo a couple times a year.
- Regina Foundation
- Development Office for the Regina Inter-Parish Catholic Education Center
- Religious Communities, Consultation of
- The CRC is an interfaith network of faith communities and related organizations, with about 35 member communities. Both ordained and lay representatives of these groups meet monthly for interfaith dialogue, planning interfaith programs for the wider community, and developing service opportunities to help those in need in Johnson County. The CRC funds the Common Fund, administered through the Crisis Center, that provides financial assistance "of last resort" for people in need. The CRC is the coordinating organization for ToGather Together, a partnership between local schools and faith communities, businesses , and other agencies. ToGather Together provides school supplies to all students, k-12, qualifying for free or reduced lunch in participating Johnson County schools, as well as classroom tutors and other volunteer assistance. CRC sponsors a Winter Clothing and Outerwear Distribution in Oct and a Gifts for Parents 'shopping day' in Dec. CRC also sponsors an interfaith worship service in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., in January.
- Republican Central Committee, Johnson Co.
- Provides fundraising for fair booths and candidates.
- Republican Women, Johnson County
- Activities include lunch meetings and other times with guest speakers, discussion of current political topics, distributing Republican literature, & voter registration. Day trips.
- Resources for Life.com
mission is to holistically empower all people to achieve their
greatest potential so they may cooperatively work together in bringing
permanent healing and peace to the entire earth. To achieve this goal,
we combine information outreach, training, and local action.
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
- Elder Services, Inc. RSVP is a four county program of Johnson, Muscatine, Iowa and Des Moines Counties. Elder Services, Inc. RSVP is a nationwide volunteer program sponsored locally by Elder Services, Inc.. RSVP connects people to purpose by recruiting persons 55+ with volunteer opportunities that meet critical community needs which provide a high quality experience that enriches the lives of the volunteer and those they serve. To enable them to share their unique knowledge and talents with people of all ages, RSVP connects enrolled volunteers with children, elders and needs of non-profit organizations. Focus areas include Education, Meals on Wheels, Volunteer Transportation to medical appointments, Clean Energy, Veterans, Economic Opportunities and Disaster Preparedness.
- Retired School Personnel Association, Johnson Coun
- Speakers at meetings. Kirkwood scholarship.
Cameraderie. IPERS and social security updates
- Right to Life, Johnson County
- Mission: Johnson County Right to Life believes in the sanctity of all human life, from conception to natural death, and believes that our society has a responsibility to protect the most vulnerable among us; the unborn, the elderly, and persons with disabilities. Our purpose is to educate and inform our community about pro-life issues with the ultimate goal of ensuring legal protection of innocent human life.
- River City Housing Collective
- RCHC is an independent non-profit corporation, formed in 1977 by UI students in response to the high prices and low availability of housing in Iowa City. Currently there are three houses, all about six blocks from downtown. Our goal is to provide quality housing for students and community members at a cost below the Iowa City market average. Quality housing includes good maintenance, caring landlords (ourselves), and a healthy social environment. Rooms are rented out on a yearly basis from Aug. 1-July 31. Rooms frequently open up to sublease throughout the year. Students and non-students are encouraged to call at any time to inquire about vacancies.
- Road Races, Iowa City
- Activities include organizing the annual Iowa City Road Races Run for the Schools, and consulting on other races in the community. Our funding goes directly to Iowa City Community Schools classrooms, Regina classrooms, ICCSD Foundation and Regina Catholic Education Center
- Roller Girls, Old Capitol City
- Aggressive speed skating. Volunteer in the community.
- Rotary Club of Iowa City (Noon)
- Activities include advancment of international understanding, good will and peace through a world fellowship of business and
professional people united in the ideal of service. Provides two international scholarship stipends for those who have been Johnson County graduates.
- Rotary Club of Iowa City - A.M.
- Charter night, April 6, 1989. Can also phone 800 777-1360 ext. 110
- Rotary Club of Iowa City Downtown
- Organized April, 2004. Meetings, fund raisers, support local NPO, support Rotary International, district projects, local civic projects, education, peace projects, business ethics.
- Rotary--Coralville-North Corridor
- One large fundraiser yearly, 1/3 of which goes to Coralville library. Money also given to Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Give dictionaries to 4th graders
- Rowing, Hawkeye Community
- Sweep rowing, sculling, and coxing are offered. We provide opportunities to learn to row and compete in rowing regattas. All adults and high school students are welcome to row. Junior high students, high school students, and adults can cox. The boathouse is located in Terrell Mill Park across from Mayflower Dorm at: The University of Iowa, P.Sue Beckwith, M.D., Boathouse, 1209 North Dubuque Street.
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.