Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- T.T.T. Society, National, Chapter CL
- National project is sending young girls to camp.
- T.T.T., Chapter FG
- Organized since May 1972. Affiliated with National T.T.T. Society. Sponsor deserving girl to a broadening camp experience; provide warm clothing articles to elementary schools
- Tallgrass Writers and Illustrators
- We are a group of 5 children's book writers and illustrators
who joined together to foster a broader recognition
of children’s books and those who make them
here in our state of Iowa.
We hope to be part
of wide-ranging discussions--
which may include
the importance of stories in our lives;
where writers and illustrators get ideas for stories;
how those ideas get shaped in the writing process.
Tallgrass Writers Members:
Jaqueline Briggs Martin
- Teachers, American Federation of #716
- Organized for more than 30 years. Lobbying, union solidarity, actions local coalition work for progressive causes and political action. Singing group performs, support for workers' struggles.
- Team Breast Friends
- We will be walking in 60 miles in 3 days on August 2013 Minneapolis, MN with the Susan G Komen for the Cure organization - breast cancer research fundraiser.
- Teen Parent Program
- Provide parent education and support, personal skill building [self awareness]; recreation, independent living skills. Support groups, home visits, individual counseling and support for teen families. Pediatric nurse practitioner on staff to provide health information and referral for pregnant and parenting teens and their children. Housing available for homeless teen families
- Tennis Association, Iowa City
- Administrating body of 'Iowa City Midland Tennis Tournament'; Administrating body of USTA/National Junior Tennis League. Works with the Recreation Center in the summer tennis program. Organized since 1981. Member of the United Stated Tennis Association [USTA]. Involved in all aspects of tennis in the local community. Involved in fundraising.
- The James Gang
- Founded in 2002, the James Gang is a nonprofit grassroots community building organization based in Iowa City, Iowa. The organization is committed to fostering interdisciplinary community development through helping people realize and share their own creative ideas, expressions, and ambitions. The James Gang's primary method to pursue its mission is to create community projects (we call endeavors) designed to be frameworks to help individuals pursue their own creativity. Some of the better known James Gang endeavors include The Coaster Project, The 10,000 Hours Show, Public Space One, the cFree Wireless Network, Earth Expo, Free @rt School, Reclaiming Roots, and Mission Creek Festival.
- Therapy Dogs of Johnson County
- Dog-assisted therapy, both with literacy and in health care settings.
- Think Bicycles
- Promoting bicycles as transportation.
- THIRSTY is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
enjoyment and brewing of beer and other fermented beverages. Our
membership stands at about twenty members, and includes both men and
women whose ages range from 21 to 70. You do not need to be a brewer
to be a member of THIRSTY. All you need is a love of good beer. If you
do brew, however, you will be in good company. Brewers methods range in from extract to all-grainer.
Membership is open to any person age 21 and older. Annual dues are $15.
- Three Brothers Theatre
- Theatrical plays
- Toastmasters Club, Affirmationists
- To improve impromptu and prepared speeches. Learn evaluation and leadership skills. Meetings are at University of Iowa Business College.
- Toastmasters, Old Capitol
- Member club of Toastmasters International. Focus on improving and evaluating communication and leadership skills.
- Tolle Eckhart Group
- Review Eckhart Tolle DVD's, CD's, and tapes. There may be a brief discussion of Eckhart's teachings.
- TOPS IA #168, Iowa City
- Weight control support group. Weigh-in at 7:30-8:55. Meeting 9-9:30
- Trail Foundation, Johnson County
- Organized 12/07.
JCTF is a 501c nonprofit organization. Our goal is to expand and enhance trail and recreational resources in Johnson County. We achieve these goals through fundraising and public awareness campaigns. Main fundraisers each year are Wine Tasting/Silent Auction, Ride for the Trails, and Halloween Costume Party.
We provide funding for trail related endeavors. Ie we purchased the signs marking the trails throughout the county , donate to trail construction / maintenance, and promote all things trail related among other initiatives.
- Triangle Faculty Club
- The members meet once a month from Sept. to April (excluding December) for brunch and a presentation on a wide range of topics, from politics to space exploration, music and art to history and wild life rescue.
- Ty'n Cae Neighborhood Assoc.
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.