Local Associations Alpha
The results of your selection are displayed below. Additional search options are provided on the right to help you find what you need.
- Ukulele Social Club of Johnson County
- To play and learn as a group, the ukulele.
- Unified Youth Drill Team
- Formed 8/05. Young men and women in grades K-12, to learn teamwork, organization, and the value of healthy competition, in a drill setting.
- Unitarian Universalist Book Discussion Group
- Read and discuss books: 1 each month during the academic year. Organized for years. Need not be affiliated with the society.
- United Nations Association-USA, Johnson County Cha
- The Johnson County Chapter supports local school groups going to the Model United Nations at the University of Northern Iowa and the Iowa Youth Symposium on the United Nations in Des Moines. We provide educational programs on the United Nations and advocate for stronger U.S. participation in the U.N.
- United Way of Johnson County, Inc.
- United Way of Johnson County leads social change and unites the community to give, advocate and volunteer to positively impact community conditions and measurably improve lives by focusing on life’s building blocks – education, financial stability and health. United Way: *Researches and assesses community conditions and needs *Develops strategies and targets resources to meet those needs *Delivers results by driving change, monitoring progress and evaluating outcomes United Way is leading our community efforts to achieve 2020 Vision Goals for the Common Good in the areas of: *Education: Improve success for children and youth by decreasing the preparation gaps by 1/3 for school, post-secondary education and work. *Income: Increase by 20% households in Johnson County that are financially stable. *Health: Increase by 1/3 the number of children and adults who are healthy and avoiding risk behavior. To learn more about the 2020 Vision Goals and how to join the LIVE UNITED movement, visit www.unitedwayjc.org
- University Club
- Organized in 1917 by three U of I graduate students. A social and educational organization for women. Membership open to all women with an interest in the University. Includes 30 interest groups. A well attended
A well attended Newcomers interest group is open to new members to the club for their first 4 years of membership as well as membership in The University Club
- University of Iowa Retirees Association
- Programs on a monthly basis(except July and August). Dues, $10 per year. Social functions
- University Women-Iowa City Branch, Amer. Assoc. of
- AAUW promotes education and equity for all women and girls,
lifelong education and positive societal change. Supports AAUW Educational
Foundation (support for research and educational fellowships)and Legal Action
Fund (grants to person in gender discrimination cases in higher education).
Locally we fund a 'Returning to Learning' scholarship to women at Kirkwood
Search by Keyword
Browse By Letter
Select a letter from the options above to browse an alphabetical listing of local associations.
Match By Topic
Many of the organizations in our database have been keyed to specific topics of interest. You can select the types of activities you're interested in to see a shorter list of associations that fit those categories.
[Search Associations By Topic]
Get your group included!
Iowa City Public Library
123 South Linn
Iowa City, IA 52240
For more information on the Association Database, contact John Hiett at 319.887.6032 or email@example.com.