You are here: Home
Reference and Research: Online Resources
Resources marked with require an Iowa City Public Library card when accessed from outside the Library, and licensing restrictions limit access to residents of Iowa City and to areas covered by contracts for library service: rural Johnson County and the cities of Hills, Lone Tree, and University Heights.
The Historical Resource at ICPL database can be found here.
- College.gov - U.S. Department of Education website containing information and resources on preparing, applying, and paying for traditional two-four year, vocational, and career colleges.
- ERIC - Published and unpublished sources on thousands of educational topics.
- Federal Student Aid - Federal Student Aid Gateway, including the FAFSA online forms.
- Iowa Department of Education - Home page with links to news, grants, programs, directories, documents, reports, data and statistics.
- Learning Express 3.0 - The LearningExpress Library 3.0 ™ is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, high school equivilency exam preparation (HiSET in Iowa), and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages.. The LearningExpress Library also includes Popular Software Tutorials and Basic Computer Instruction.
Library 2.0 is still available until July 2014. All LearningExpress Library 2.0 users must register as new users for 3.0. If you are a registered user of LearningExpress Library 2.0, your login will not work on LearningExpress Library™ 3.0.
- Mango Languages - A premier resource for all your language-learning needs. Mango is an interactive tool that helps you learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, and six more languages.
- U.S. News and World Report College Rankings - U.S. News has collected data from more than 1,400 colleges and ranking them in various categories.
- US Department of Education - Info for students, parents, teachers and administrators.
- US Universities and Colleges - Colleges and universities in the United States.