You are here: Home
Reference and Research: Online Resources
Resources marked with require an Iowa City Public Library card when accessed from outside the Library, and licensing restrictions limit access to residents of Iowa City and to areas covered by contracts for library service: rural Johnson County and the cities of Hills and University Heights.
The Historical Resource at ICPL database can be found here.
- College.gov - U.S. Department of Education website containing information and resources on preparing, applying, and paying for traditional two-four year, vocational, and career colleges.
- ERIC - Published and unpublished sources on thousands of educational topics.
- Federal Student Aid - Federal Student Aid Gateway, including the FAFSA online forms.
- Iowa Department of Education - Home page with links to news, grants, programs, directories, documents, reports, data and statistics.
- Learning Express - Over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks. Find practice tests for the ACT, SAT, GED, ASVAB, Graduate School admissions, Civil Service, Law Enforcement, Nursing and more.
- Mango Languages - A premier resource for all your language-learning needs. Mango is an interactive tool that helps you learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, and six more languages.
- U.S. News and World Report College Rankings - U.S. News has collected data from more than 1,400 colleges and ranking them in various categories.
- US Department of Education - Info for students, parents, teachers and administrators.
- US Universities and Colleges - Colleges and universities in the United States.