You are here: Home
Reference and Research: Online Resources
Resources marked with require an Iowa City Public Library card when accessed from outside the Library, and licensing restrictions limit access to residents of Iowa City and to areas covered by contracts for library service: rural Johnson County and the cities of Hills and University Heights.
The Historical Resource at ICPL database can be found here.
Law & Government
- Government Printing Office - The Government Printing Office produces, procures, and disseminates printed and electronic publications of the Congress as well as the executive departments and establishments of the Federal Government.
- Iowa Courts Online - Iowa Court information for all 99 counties.
- Iowa General Assembly - Tracks legislation, lists members and committees, includes the Iowa Code.
- Iowa Legal Aid - Iowa Legal Aid website, a project of Iowa Legal Aid, the Volunteer Lawyer Projects of the Iowa State Bar and Polk County Bar Associations, and HELP Legal Assistance offering general legal information.
- LawSource - American Law Sources Online provides a comprehensive uniform and useful compilation of links to all Internet sources of American law that are available without charge.
- Learning Express - Over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks. Find United States citizenship exam preparation, law school exam (LSAT) preparation and more.
- LexisNexis Library Express - Access to over 9,500 news, business, and legal sources. News and business resources can be accessed remotely from LexisNexis. Legal resources are only available in the library.
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory - Search the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory by name, firm, geographically, or area of practice.
- Thomas - Guide to United States Congressional members and staff and legislation.
- United States Census - The most authoritative site for economic and demographic information about the U.S.
- United States Census - Find information about the United States Census and its various products and services.
- United States Census Resources - Selected resources from the University of Iowa Library describing the population, demographics and economic condition of the United States.
- USA.gov - Official information and services from the U.S. government, including forms.