Our meeting rooms provide space for library programs and community events. Groups utilizing the Library's meeting rooms must adhere to the Meeting Room Use Policy.
Amenities and Capacity
|Room A||Room B||Room C||Room D||Room E|
|Room Size||37' x 40'||28' x 12'||13' x 12'||19' x 28'||16' x 18'|
|Max Capacity||200 *||26||10||49||24|
|Standard Setup||50 chairs 2 tables in front 2 tables in back Podium with integrated presentation system.||16 chairs around 6 tables. 10 extra chairs.||8 chairs around a round table. 2 extra chairs.||16 chairs around 6 movable tables. 14 extra chairs.||10 chairs around a conference table. 14 extra chairs.|
|Meeting must be open to public?||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|TV with Inputs||None||VGA||VGA||HDMI||VGA|
|DVD Player||Yes||Yes||Yes||PC Only||Yes|
|Overhead Projector/ Camera||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Additional Equipment||Microphones. Tables. Up to 130 chairs. Hearing Augmentation System.||Web Conferencing Hub with Skype, GoToMeeting, & Zoom capabilities|
*Rooms A, B and C can be reserved together for a total of 180 occupants with chairs. The combined rooms will accommodate up to 400 people with no chairs or furniture.
Room E is only available during normal Library hours. Rooms A, B, C, and D are available during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 am-10:30 pm
Friday: 8 am-9:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am-7:30 pm
Sunday: 12 pm-6:30 pm
Evening meetings in Rooms A, B, C, and D must start at least one hour before the library closes, and all meeting attendees must be in the lobby or meeting rooms when the Library closes.
Meeting rooms are available for:
- Non-profit corporations - those granted tax-exempt status by the IRS under section 501(c)(3) or other tax exempt sections of the Internal Revenue Code
- Candidate campaign committees - as defined in Iowa Code §68A.102(5)
- Political committees - as defined by Iowa Code §68A.102(18)
- Non-profit citizen's groups - contact information required. This includes the names and telephone numbers of two Johnson County residents.
- Governmental subdivisions - or a department/division/bureau of a governmental subdivision.
Don't fit the eligibility requirements? Try Alternative Meeting Rooms in the Iowa City area.