How to Reserve a Meeting Room
The following information describes the steps needed to reserve space at the Library. For assistance with reservations, please call the Library at 319.356.5200.
Confirm that your group is eligible to reserve room space.
The Iowa City Public Library has one large, one medium, and two small meeting rooms as well as an ICN classroom. When not in use for Library activities, they are available for:
- Non-profit corporations - defined as those entities granted tax-exempt status by the IRS under section 501(c)(3) or other tax exempt sections of the Internal Revenue Code
- Candidate campaign committees - as defined in Iowa Code §68A.102(5)
- Political committees - as defined by Iowa Code §68A.102(18)
- Non-profit citizen's groups - contact information required. This includes the names and telephone numbers of two Johnson County residents.
- Governmental subdivisions - or a department/division/bureau of a governmental subdivision.
Groups utilizing the Library's meeting rooms must comply with the Policy on Meeting Room Use. We recommend that all groups review this policy before making a reservation.