Work at ICPL
The Library has a variety of jobs ranging from entry level shelvers to professional librarians and managers. When openings are available, they are posted in the list below.
How To Apply
Applications are available online and in the Library Business Office on the 2nd floor of the Library from 10:00 am to Noon and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm weekdays. Some positions require a test that must be taken in person in the Business Office. After the application deadline the hiring supervisor will review applications and contact candidates for an interview.
Ways to Learn About Current Openings
- See current openings below
- Visit or contact City of Iowa City Human Resources at 319-356-5020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our recorded JOBLINE at 319-356-5021
- Sign up for email notifications via the City's E-Subscriptions service
- Some positions are also advertised in local newspapers
- Library Web Specialist apply by Monday August 17th 2015, 5:00 pm
- Library Intern/Library Channel 20 apply by Tuesday September 1st 2015, 5:00 pm
- Library Intern: Adult/Teen Services apply by Tuesday September 1st 2015, 5:00 pm
- Graduate School Intern: Children's Services apply by Tuesday September 1st 2015, 5:00 pm