Library Board & Policies
The Iowa City Public Library is an innovative and responsive community center that supports lifelong learning, literacy, and access to the world of ideas.
The Library values and is committed to:
- Intellectual freedom
- Excellence in customer service
- Community building
- Working collaboratively
- Minimizing barriers to use
- Providing a welcoming environment
- A well-trained staff
- Make the Library easier to use and more accessible.
- Improve visibility and awareness of Library services, programs and collections.
- Develop partnerships that build community and support the Libray's mission.
- Provide resources that inform, entertain and enrich.
The Iowa City Public Library strives to maintain a safe and pleasant environment for all library patrons. With this in mind the Library Board has adopted a number of guidelines to use which are designed to ensure the public's access to library facilities, the safety of users and staff, and the protection of library collections, equipment and facility.
For complete policy information, use the drop-down selects below to access the official Library documents.
Policies by Name
Policies by Number
Board Contact Information
Board Meeting Packets
- October 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- September 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- August 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- July 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- June 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- May 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- April 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- March 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- February 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- January 2014 Board Meeting Packet
- December 2013 Board Meeting Packet
- November 2013 Board Meeting Packet